Here below is the list of all 29 “kura”/breweries in Shizuoka Prefecture, which were “working” as of May 2014 (with some nuances and notes attached!)
They are listed in a “traditional” order.
Official business names of Breweries are also included. Keep in mind that some breweries also produce brands for individual shops or distributors: “Miwa No sato” and “Ashikubo” by Fujinishiki, “Toro No sato” by Haginishiki, etc. as well as seasonal limited sake with different names.
1) Suruga Brewery (Suruga Ku Ku): Tenko (also includes: Abekaido, Umifune No Yamahai, Chuemon, Hagi no Kura)
2) Sanwa Brewery (Shimizu Ku): Garyubai (also includes Hagoromo No Mai, Shizugokoro, S-Pulse Brand, Sayo No Mai, Okitsu, Tesshu, Hoosu)
3) Haginishiki Brewery (Suruga Ku): haginishiki (also includes: Toro No Sato, Minami Alps, Surugayoi)
4) Kumpai (Suruga Ku): Kumpai (also includes: Tenryo No Taki, Meguriai, Shizuka, Daikichi, Kogarashi No Mori, Abe no Shizuku, Ra, Sakura, Tsubaki, Resienkashu, Momiji)
5) Masuichi (Suruga Ku): masuichi (includes: Tsurugi)
Following the early death of the owner/brewer thw brewery has gone dormant although it keeps its license. Still has some sake for sale in its tanks!
6) Shizuoka Hiraki Brewery: Kihei. Technically, not entirely a Shizuoka Brewery as the original “half” Hiraki Brewery is a brewery in Okayama prefecture owned by Hiraki Company (owned by the totsuka Family in Kakagawa City), a distributor for Tokyo, Nada and ther regions’ major sake,lqueurs, etc.
7) Eikun Brewery (Shimizu Ku): Eikun (also includes: Sumpu No Takajo, Iroha, Kohaku, Hiyaoroshi, Midori no Eikun)
8) Kanzawagawa Brewery: Shosetsu (also includes: Yamada Nishiki, Gin Ginga,Aki Agari)
9) Isojiman Brewery: Isojiman (also includes: Shumpu, Aiyama)
10) Hatsukame Brewery(Okabe): Hatsukame (also includes: Arabashiri, Midori, Kame, Okabe Maru, Kame Shirushi, Kiwami 35, Hyogetsu)
11) Aoshima Brewery: Kikuyoi (also includes Matsushitamai 40, Matsushitamai 50)
12) Shidaizumi Brewery: Shidaizumi (also called Shirasagi, Aoi No Tsuki))
13) Sugii Brewery: Suginishiki (also includes: Fujimai, Touryuumou, Kinnosuke, Taru no Sake)
14) Oomuraya Brewery: Wakatake (also includes: Nagai Ki No Hashi, Oikawa Han Kajika, Tansei, Suruga Tansei, Aoimiyagi, Suruko, Shizuoka Oden No Sake, Onna Nakase, Shiro, Take no Kaze, Fuuko, Oyakko, Numazu Uogashi Sushi, Rock Sake, Kaon, Aki no Nama Ippon, Najimi, Sanbyakuton, Juubei, Miya no Mizuku, Shiro, Sagaradako, Hanaoto, Totakozen, Yumei no Tsurubashi, Tenbishi, Shimada Juubei, Namikozo, Okinasagi, Rendaikoshi)
15) Shiromatsu Brewery: Matsuwaka (actually buys its sake and sells under its label)
16) Morimoto Brewery: Sayogoromo (also includes: Sayogoromo No Uta, Kojyo, Aeru No Sato, Sakuretsu Karakuchi, Ma, Shachou No Irasuto, Jizake Koubo-Fujihomare, Sayo no Sanzoku)
17) Ishikawa brery: Takamatsu (includes: En’yotakamatsu) (actually buys its sake and sells under its label)
18) Yamanaka brewery: Aoitenka (also includes: Shin’en, Funaseme, Oniaoi, Yokosuka, Yamanaka)
19) Doi Brewery: Kaiun (also includes: Iira, Takatenjin, Hasei Shokiji, Sakura Hana, Hana No Ka, Yumejikomi, Enshyuu No Shiki, Kaiun Den, Komotaru, Enshyunada, small cask)
20) Senjyu Brewery: Senju (also includes: Senjyushirabyoushi, Senjyu Kuromai, Honami, Maiguruma, Sawayaka 16, Blue Bottle, Nadeshiko, Tsurubara, Jubilo Label)
21) Kokkou Brewery: kokkou (also includes: Denichiro, Mori no Ishimatsu, Kinzan)
22) Hana No Mai Brewery: hana No Mai (also inckudes: Hoho, Tsuu, Shizuka No Mai, Yamada Nishiki, Karakkaze, Hikuma No Uta, Keichu, Susono-private label, Enshu no Gin, Ra-Uogashi-private label, Sushi Tetu-private label)
23) Hamamatsu-Tenjingura Brewery: Shusseijyou (also includes: Ginro, Tenjin,Tobinkakoi, Shussei no Tokuri, Ten, Tengu, Ryu, Mu Jun)
24) Fujimasa Brewery: Chiyo No Mine (also includes: Genkotsu, Fuji no Kasagumo, Fuji no Uta, Kin Label, Shiro Label, Hiya, Chiyonomine, Hyoutan Tokkuri)
25) Fuji-Takasago Brewery: Taksago (also includes: Tago No Ura, Raku, Soleil, Aragoji, Utafuku, Sunshu Nakaya, Chinkoku No Yama, Kura No Megumi, Homare Fuji)
26) Fujinishiki Brewery: Fujinishiki (also includes: Ashikubo, Miwa No Sato, Fujigasumi, Homarefuji, Mononofu No sato, Juku, Tokaido Chu, Samutsukuri, Aoi Tokugawa Sandai, Sui, Maboroshi Shiro, Abekawa, YuYU, Odoriko, Umiya Azura, Izu Yama Yama)
27) Makino Brewery: Fujisan (also includes Jirotyou)
28) Takashima Brewery: Hakuinmasamune (also includes: Shirasago, En)
29) Negami Brewery: Kinmei (also includes: Fugakusen, Gotemba Wakamizu, Wakajun, Fukotagu, Kintaroo no sato, Izumi no Yakata)
30) Bandai Brewery: Arabashiri(also includes: Ban’you, Wakitaya, Kuromaizake, Amagi, Fujihomare, Izu no Sato, Arabashiri)
1) Kikugenji (formerly of Toyoo Brewery) even sold in Shuzenji, Izu City, is no longer a Shizuoka sake but from a Nada brewery who bought the name before Toyoo Brewery was absorbed by Bandai Brewery in 2003 to be able to sell in its place of origin!
2) Fuuki in Shimizu Ku, Shizuoka City are not a sake brewery but an alcohol brewing and bottling company from the Nada area, although one of their casks is displayed at Sengen Shrine in Shizuoka City. They represented (and might even still) the biggest oke-gai in the Prefecture.