Shizuoka Prefecture Railway Stations: Shizuoka–Shimizu Railway Line (Shizutetsudo)

SHIZUTETSU-LINE-SHIN-SHIZUOKA

Shin Shizuoka Cenova Department Store

This is mainly a very practical commuter line between Shizuoka City, Aoi Ku and Shizuoka City, Shimizu Ku.

This is the only line operated by the private railway operator Shizuoka Railway (Shizutetsudo).
The line has a fairly frequent service, with trains operating every 5 minutes during the peaks, and every 6 minutes during the daytime and at weekends, linking Shin-Shizuoka and Shin-Shimizu in 20 minutes. All the trainsets are formed of two cars, and are driver-only operated. All the stations accept LuLuCa, a smart card ticketing system. They accept PiTaPa and ICOCA as well.
The line opened in 1908 as a 762 mm (2 ft 6 in) gauge line to the Shin-Shimizu wharf, and was regauged to 1,067 mm (3 ft 6 in) and electrified at 600 V DC in 1920. The line was double-tracked in sections between 1925 and 1930 except the section to the wharf, which closed in 1945.
CTC signalling was commissioned in 1979

Shin Shizuoka (Cenova Department Store)-Hiyoshicho-Otowacho-Kasugacho-Yunoki-Naganuma-Furusho-Ken Sogo Undojo-kenritsu Bijutsukan Mae-Kusanagai-Mikadodai-Kitsunegasaki-Sakurabashi-Ireoka-Shin Shimizu (the last one not to be confused with Shimizu JR Station!).

SHIN SHIZUOKA STATION/新静岡駅

SHIZUTETSU-LINE-SHIN-SHIZUOKA-SRATION

Location, 1-1-1 Takajō, Aoi Ku, Shizuoka City, Shizuoka Prefecture(静岡市葵区鷹匠一丁目1番1号)

Shin-Shizuoka Station was opened on December 9, 1908 as Takajōmachi Station (鷹匠町駅 Takajōmachi-eki). It was renamed “Shin-Shizuoka” on October 1, 1954. Shizuoka’s city tram system was discontinued in September 1962, and a large bus terminal was established at Shin-Shizuoka Station on May 10, 1966. The Shin-Shizuoka Center department store above the station was opened on May 15, 1966. This was closed and demolished at the end of January 2009, and a new, larger shopping complex called Cenova opened October 5, 2011.

SN3O0317
SN3O0317

Platforms access.

Shin-Shizuoka Station has two island platforms serving three tracks. The station building has automated ticket machines, and automated turnstiles, which accept the LuLuCa smart card ticketing system as well as the PiTaPa and ICOCA IC cards.

WC-BF-1

HIYOSHICHOO STATION/日吉町駅

SHIZUTETSU-LINE-HIYOSHICHOO

Location, Takajō 2-chōme, Aoi Ku, Shizuoka City, Shizuoka Prefecture(静岡市葵区鷹匠二丁目)

Hiyoshichō Station was established as Daisho Station (台所町駅 Daisho-eki) on December 9, 1908. It was renamed to its present name after World War II.
Hiyoshichō Station has two opposed side platforms with a level crossing at one end. The station has automated ticket machines, and automated turnstiles, which accept the LuLuCa smart card ticketing system as well as the PiTaPa and ICOCA IC cards.

OTOWACHOO STATION/音羽町駅

SHIZUTETSU-LINE-OTOWACHOO

Location, Otowa-chō, Aoi Ku, Shizuoka City, Shizuoka Prefecture(静岡市葵区音羽町)

Otowachō Station was established as Kiyomizukōen Station (きよみず公園前駅 Kiyomizukōen-eki) on December 9, 1908. It was renamed to its present name after World War II.
towachō Station has a single island platform with a level crossing at one end. The station has automated ticket machines, and automated turnstiles, which accept the LuLuCa smart card ticketing system as well as the PiTaPa and ICOCA IC cards.

KASUGACHOO STATION/春日町駅

SHIZUTETSU-LINE-KASUGACHOO

Location, Kasuga 2-chōme, Aoi Ku, Shizuoka City, Shizuoka Prefecture(静岡市葵区春日2丁目)

Kasugachō Station was established as Kasuga-nichōme Station (春日二丁目駅 Kasuga-nichōme-eki) on December 9, 1908. It was renamed to its present name after World War II.
Kasugachō Station has a single island platform with a level crossing at one end. The station building is built on one end of the platform, and has automated ticket machines, and automated turnstiles, which accept the LuLuCa smart card ticketing system as well as the PiTaPa and ICOCA IC cards.

YUNOKI STATION/柚木駅

SHIZUTETSU-LINE-YUNOKI

Location, Miyamae-chō, Aoi Ku, Shizuoka City, Shizuoka Prefecture(静岡市葵区宮前町)

Yunoki Station was established as Magarikane Station (曲金駅 Magarikane-eki) on December 9, 1908. It was renamed to Gokoku Jinjamae Station (護国神社前駅 Gokoku Jinjamae-eki) in 1942, due to its proximity to the Shizuoka Prefectural Gokoku Jinja, a Shinto shrine to the war dead, and branch of Yasukuni Shrine. The station received its present name after World War II.
Yunoki Station has two parallel side platforms. The station building is built onto one end of one of the platforms, and has automated ticket machines, and automated turnstiles, which accept the LuLuCa smart card ticketing system as well as the PiTaPa and ICOCA IC cards.

NAGANUMA STATION/長沼駅

SHIZUTETSU-LINE-NAGANUMA

Location, Naganuma 1-chōme, Aoi Ku, Shizuoka City, Shizuoka Prefecture(静岡市葵区長沼一丁目)

Naganuma Station was established on December 9, 1908. North of the station is the main Rail yard of the Shizuoka-Shimizu Line.
Naganuma Station has a single side platform and an island platform on a head shunt servicing three tracks, with a level crossing at one end. The station building, located at the end of one of the platforms, has automated ticket machines, and automated turnstiles, which accept the LuLuCa smart card ticketing system as well as the PiTaPa and ICOCA IC cards.

FURUSHOO STATION/古庄駅

SHIZUTETSU-LINE-FURUSHOO

Location, Furushō 3-chōme, Aoi Ku, Shizuoka City, Shizuoka Prefecture(静岡市葵区古庄3丁目)

Furushō Station was established on December 9, 1908.
Furushō Station has two opposed side platforms, with a level crossing at one end. The station building, located at the end of one of the platforms, has automated ticket machines, and automated turnstiles, which accept the LuLuCa smart card ticketing system as well as the PiTaPa and ICOCA IC cards.

KEN SOOGOO UNDOOJOO STATION/県総合運動場駅

SHIZUTETSU-LINE-KENSOOGOOUNDOOJOO

Location, Kurihara, Suruga Ku, Shizuoka City, Shizuoka Prefecture(静岡市駿河区栗原)

Ken-Sōgō Undōjō Station was established on December 9, 1908 as Undōjō Mae Station. The station was reconstructed and renamed in 1991.
Ken-Sōgō Undōjō Station has two island platforms, with head shunts on each platform, to allow for the passage of express trains in either direction. The station building, located at the end of one of the platforms, has automated ticket machines, and automated turnstiles, which accept the LuLuCa smart card ticketing system as well as the PiTaPa and ICOCA IC cards.

KENRITSU BIJUTSUKAN mAE/県立美術館前駅

SHIZUTETSU-LINE-KENRITSU-BIJUTSUKAN-MAE

Location, Nakanogo, Shimizu Ku, Shizuoka City, Shizuoka Prefecture(静岡市清水区中之郷2丁目)

Kenritsu Bijutsukanmae Station was established on March 25, 1986 with the relocation of the Shizuoka Prefectural Art Museum nearby. It is the newest station on the Shizuoka-Shimizu Line.
Kenritsu Bijutsukanmae Station has two side platforms, with the elevated station building built on a cantilever above the tracks in between the two platforms. The station building has automated ticket machines, and automated turnstiles, which accept the LuLuCa smart card ticketing system as well as the PiTaPa and ICOCA IC cards, as well as a copy of Rodin’s The Thinker.

KUSANAGI STATION/草薙駅

SHIZUTETSU-LINE-KUSANAGI

Location, Kusanagi 1-chōme, Shimizu Ku, Shizuoka City, Shizuoka Prefecture(静岡市清水区草薙)

Kusanagi Station was established on December 9, 1908.
Located in the busy suburb of Kusanagi, Kusanagi Station services several local schools and companies, including the University of Shizuoka. In 3 minutes one can walk from the station to transfer to the Tōkaidō Main Line via the line’s own Kusanagi Station.
Kusanagi Station has two side platforms. The station building has automated ticket machines, and automated turnstiles, which accept the LuLuCa smart card ticketing system as well as the PiTaPa and ICOCA IC cards.

WC-BF-1

MIKADOKAI STATION?御門台駅

SHIZUTETSU-LINE-MIKADODAI

Location, Nanatsu Shinya, Shimizu Ku, Shizuoka City, Shizuoka Prefecture(静岡市清水区七ツ新屋1丁目)

Mikadodai Station was established as Udo-gakkōmae Station (有度学校前駅 Udō-gakkōmae-eki) on December 9, 1908. It was renamed to its present name on March 1, 1961.
Mikadodai Station has a single island platform with a level crossing at one end. The station building is built on one end of the platform, and has automated ticket machines, and automated turnstiles, which accept the LuLuCa smart card ticketing system as well as the PiTaPa and ICOCA IC cards.

KITSUNEGASAKI STATION/狐ヶ崎駅

SHIZUTETSU-LINE-KITSUNEGASAKI

Location, Uehara 1-chome, Shimizu Ku, Shizuoka City, Shizuoka Prefecture(静岡市清水区上原-1)

Kitsunegasaki Station was established as Uehara Station (上原駅 Uehara-eki) on December 9, 1908. In 1926, the predecessor of the Kitsunegasaki Young Land Amusement Center opened, and in 1927 the Uehara Station was renamed Yuenmae Station (遊園前駅 Yuenmae-eki?. The amusement part closed during World War II, and in 1944, Yuenmae Station was renamed as Kitsunegasaki Station. However, after the end of the war, the amusement park reopened, and as part of the promotional campaign created by Shizuoka Railway to boost the popularity of the park, the station name was changed from 1968 to Kitsunegasaki Yangu-randomae Station ( 狐ヶ崎ヤングランド前駅 Kitsunegasaki Yangu-randomae-eki). It reverted to the simpler name of Kitsunegasaki Station in 1985.
Kitsunegasaki Station has a single island platform with a level crossing at one end. The station building is built on one end of the platform, and has automated ticket machines, and automated turnstiles, which accept the LuLuCa smart card ticketing system as well as the PiTaPa and ICOCA IC cards.

WC-BF-1

SAKURABASHI STATION/桜橋駅

SHIZUTETSU-LINE-SAKURABASHI

Location, Kasuga 1-chōme, Shimizu Ku, Shizuoka City, Shizuoka Prefecture(静岡市清水区春日1丁目)

Sakurabashi Station was established on December 9, 1908.
Sakurabashi Station has two parallel side platforms, which are offset so that the end of one platform is close to the head of the other, with a level crossing connecting the two platforms. The station building is built on one end of the platform, and has automated ticket machines, and automated turnstiles, which accept the LuLuCa smart card ticketing system as well as the PiTaPa and ICOCA IC cards.

WC-BF-1

IRIEOKA/入江岡駅

SHIZUTETSU-LINE-IRIEOKA

Location, Hamada-cho, Shimizu Ku, Shizuoka City, Shizuoka Prefecture(静岡市清水区浜田町)

Irieoka Station was established on December 9, 1908.
Irieoka Station has a single island platform with a level crossing at one end. The station building is built on one end of the platform, and has automated ticket machines, and automated turnstiles, which accept the LuLuCa smart card ticketing system as well as the PiTaPa and ICOCA IC cards.

SHIN SHIMIZU STATION/新清水駅

SHIZUTETSU-LINE-SHIN-SHIMIZU

Location, Aioi-chō 2-28, Shimizu Ku, Shizuoka City, Shizuoka Prefecture(静岡市清水区相生町)

Shin-Shimizu Station was established on May 8, 1908.
Shin-Shimizu Station has a double bay platform. The station building has automated ticket machines, and automated turnstiles, which accept the LuLuCa smart card ticketing system as well as the PiTaPa and ICOCA IC cards.

WC-BF-1

Advertisements

The Hidden Gems of Japan!

%d bloggers like this: